Team Audax Caribbean Endeavour header image 3

Maine or Bust

Here is the deal:

About a week ago a team meeting was had and due to changing life circumstances a 1/3rd of Team Audax (Stevey) will not be returning with us to Maine and will thus be leaving the mighty Audax around April 23rd. Note: This is not due in any part to a falling out of any sort or serious life threating problems. Life works in mysterious ways and when we put our faith in God above…follow the signs one must do.  Needless to say Jordi and I are saddened and bummed, but more importantly  looking forward to finding a most excellent partner/partners in crime to continue our voyage and thus get the AUDAX back to MAINE!!!

So the tentative plan:  Continue cruising farther South from April 23rd through mid-May  ultimately reaching Dominica. Then turning North and landing  back in the St. Maarten/St. Thomas area to stage for the jump to Bermuda weather permitting around May 10th to May 15th.

Thus we hope to find 2 people to help sail back with us to Bermuda – a 7-9 day journey and then on to Maine – a 6-7 day journey.

Parties interested would be looking at a time commitment of either

1) April 23rd -June 4th
2) May 15th -June 4th
A 2nd option is finding people for each half of the journey:

1) The Virgin Islands to Bermuda
2) Bermuda to Maine.

This 2nd option is the less ideal though as scheduling and weather can make coordination quite difficult.

Please email myself, Jordi and Stevey with any ideas and/or people interested or if easier leave comments on the blog as well.

1 Comment

1 response so far ↓

  • 1 tughill1 // Mar 28, 2008 at 11:32 am

    This lady crew would have put in for a “leave of absence” – but I am commited to many things until the end of June….how sweeeeeeet that would have been ;-)

    I will be with all of Team Audax in spirit ;-)
    GodSpeed and follow the light ;-)

    Virgin Gorda…oh baby… can’t wait for the updates!!

    Be well and happy!

Leave a Comment